Thursday 2 October 2008

Doest it matter what a blog looks like anymore?


I've been using Google Reader for about a year now. It's brilliant. I'm subscribed to the feeds of all the blogs that I enjoy reading, and I add more each week. It's so good, in fact, that I almost never leave it to go and visit the actual URL of whatever blog I happen to be reading. That means I never see what the blogs look like. I just get the feed.

Which is a shame, since some blogs look really nice. Especially the if they're built on Wordpress. Take crackunit. Iain's done a lovely redesign and posted about it. But to me, in my reader, it looks the same as it ever has. It's a stream of words, images and embedded video. And I don't mind one bit. That's partly why I've never switched to wordpress.

So will the semantic web kill graphic design?

No comments: